Discover the cost-effective solution for non-contact precision measurement of tubes.
The ROMER Tube Inspection solution uses infrared and laser technology to measure bend paths for tube inspections and reverse engineering applications. The system is able to be upgraded to interface directly to a CNC tube bending machine for instant corrections.
The ROMER Tube Inspection Solution is the only portable true tube inspection solution on the market. It can be used in the field to measure and reverse engineer pipes, lines, and tubes to fabricate replacements on the spot for process industries and MRO applications.
- Eliminate waste and guesswork from tube bending. Measure the first tube from a bender and then automatically calculate bend corrections required for subsequent tubes. This dramatically reduces startup scrap and significantly reduces the time for production.
- Communicate bend correction values directly to a CNC bending system reducing time and eliminating operator data entry errors.
- There’s no faster or more accurate way to reverse engineer a tube. Measure a prototype tube, send the design to the bender, automatically compute the bend corrections and the next tube is identical to the prototype.
- Generate tube design quickly and easily by recording the intersection points along the tube route to generate a final tube specification to send to a bender. This can be done even if the tube is fixed in a routed position.
- Inspect thin, flexible tube and wire shapes without touching them for the most accurate results obtainable.
- Effectively calculate end-to-end or cut length of a tube based on the tube’s geometry.
- Certify hard checking fixtures quickly and easily without the expense or lost production time sending fixtures out for verification.
- Improved probe design allows non-contact measurement of the tube's surface.
- Kinematic Probe Joint, the same type used in Hexagon Metrology bridge CMMs, provides repeatable connection of probes, with no need for recalibration. Automatic probe recognition allows you to change between tube probes and ball probes with no re-calibration in between.
- Compact Head has an ergonomically designed wrist that was modeled after the complex contours of the human hand. Buttons on the wrist are used to inspect parts or to interact with the software when in "mouse mode". An integrated work light and digital camera graphically document setups.
- Patented SpinGrips are infinitely rotating, low-friction "approved" hand hold positions for better user ergonomics. SpinGrips allow the arm to "float" in the operator's hands, reducing stress on the arm thus maximizing accuracy and repeatability while minimizing user fatigue.
- Absolute Encoders improve overall accuracy and eliminate all complicated "homing" procedures.
- Aerospace grade Carbon Fiber Tubes provide a lightweight, stiff structure that is thermally stable.
- Low Profile Zero-G Counterbalance balances the arm's weight for easy, operation with effortless control, even above and below the arm's centerline. Better ergonomics means lower operator fatigue and better measuring results.
- Integrated handle and lifting point under counterbalance allow for easy carrying.
- Feature Packs plug into the base and provide interchangeable and upgradeable add-on capabilities such as WiFi connection, battery power, and more.
- Universal thread mount base attaches to a variety of available base and stand options including magnetic bases.
- Patented Infinite Rotation in the principle axes allows access to difficult to reach areas, while avoiding damaging the arm against rotational hard stops.
Feature Pack Options for 6-Axis Absolute Arms:
- Mobility Pack: A rechargeable battery and WiFi transmitter allows completely wireless use of the Absolute Arm.
- "No Pack" Option: The Absolute Arm is completely functional without a feature pack, using a 110/220v power connection.
DOCS tube inspection software allows direct connection to CNC tube benders via bender interfaces. Available interfaces include:
- Adaptive Motion – Later models supported [Network]
- Alpine CNC Benders [Network]
- Bend Pro CNC controller [Network]
- BLM Electric Tube Benders – all VGP3D controlled tube benders. [Network]
Dynam0, Dynam2, Dynam3, Dynam4, Dynamic 8, Swing, E-Turn, E-Bend, ELECT, VGP
- COMCO MFG/Keins – Windows based controller [Network]
- Eaton Leonard Lightspeed Bender [Network]
- Eaton Leonard VeLog Bender [Serial] Normal Mode
- Eaton Leonard Premier Bender [Serial] Extended Mode
- Herber - (add-on option) [Network]
- Horn Tube Benders [Network]
- LANG Tube Benders - Windows XP based Siemens controllers [Network]
- MiiC/OPTON CNC Standard Pipe Bending Machines [Serial]
MS, MC, EMO and MSO Series
- Pines TS2000 controllers, and later model Dial-A-Bend PLC based controllers [Network]
- Silfax Tube Benders [Network]
- SMT – Controller must have BenderLink installed [Network]
- Schwarze–Robitec – Later model controllers [Network]
- Techno Benders with Bend-Pro CNC Controller [Network]
Available Tube Probe Sizes
|Tube Probe Part Number||Measurement Range|
6-Axis ROMER Absolute Arm Probing Specifications – 73 series (For use with ROMER Tube Inspection Systems)
|1.5 m / 4.9 ft.||± 0.025 mm / 0.0010 in.||± 0.037 mm / 0.0015 in.||7.1 kg / 15.6 lbs.|
|2.0 m / 6.6 ft.||± 0.030 mm / 0.0012 in.||± 0.042 mm / 0.0017 in.||7.4 kg / 16.3 lbs.|
|2.5 m / 8.2 ft.||± 0.038 mm / 0.0015 in.||± 0.051 mm / 0.0020 in.||7.7 kg / 17.0 lbs.|
|3.0 m / 9.8 ft.||± 0.065 mm / 0.0026 in.||± 0.095 mm / 0.0037 in.||8.0 kg / 17.6 lbs.|
|3.5 m / 11.5 ft.||± 0.095 mm / 0.0037 in.||± 0.130 mm / 0.0051 in.||8.3 kg / 18.3 lbs.|
|4.0 m / 13.1 ft.||± 0.120 mm / 0.0047 in.||± 0.149 mm / 0.0059 in.||8.6 kg / 19.0 lbs.|
|4.5 m / 14.8 ft.||± 0.150 mm / 0.0059 in.||± 0.170 mm / 0.0067 in.||8.9 kg / 19.6 lbs.|
6-Axis ROMER Absolute Arm Probing Specifications – 75 series (For use with ROMER Tube Inspection Systems)
|2.0 m / 6.6 ft.||± 0.016 mm / 0.0006 in.||± 0.023 mm / 0.0009 in.||7.7 kg / 17.0 lbs.|
|2.5 m / 8.2 ft.||± 0.020 mm / 0.0008 in.||± 0.029 mm / 0.0011 in.||8.0 kg / 17.6 lbs.|
|3.0 m / 9.8 ft.||± 0.033 mm / 0.0013 in.||± 0.049 mm / 0.0019 in.||8.3 kg / 18.3 lbs.|
3.5 m / 11.5 ft.
± 0.043 mm / 0.0017 in.
± 0.061 mm / 0.0024 in.
8.6 kg / 19.0 lbs.
|4.0 m / 13.1 ft.||± 0.061 mm / 0.0024 in.||± 0.075 mm / 0.0030 in.||8.9 kg / 19.6 lbs.|
|4.5 m / 14.8 ft.||± 0.070 mm / 0.0028 in.||± 0.082 mm / 0.0032 in.||9.2 kg / 20.3 lbs.|
All specifications according to B89.4.22.
1 The Point Repeatability Test is the reference test to determine measurement arm repeatability with ball probe. The cone is in front of the machine. Points are measured from multiple approach directions. The average point and the deviation of each point to the average center are calculated. The result is the maximum range divided by two.
2 The Volumetric Accuracy Test is the most representative test for volume measurement accuracy. A gage block with a known and certified length is measured several times throughout the working volume. This gage block is installed in different positions and measured depending on multiple approach directions. The result is the maximum deviation of the measuring distance less the theoretical length.
- Working temperature: 0°C - 50°C (32°F – 122°F)
- Storage temperature: -30° -70° C (-22°F – 158°F)
- Relative humidity: 10% - 90% non-condensing
- Operational elevation: 0-2000 m (0-6600 ft)
Marks of conformity:
- CE Compliance: Yes
- Universal worldwide voltage 110V-240V
All probing specifications are achieved with a ROMER Absolute Arm mounted on a ROMER base plate or magnetic base and using a 15 mm steel ball probe with a length of 50 mm under stable environmental conditions.
All CMS 108 scanning specifications are achieved with a ROMER Absolute Arm mounted on a ROMER base plate or magnetic base and using CMS 108 zoom setting 2A (mid range scan width 60 mm and point spacing 0.03 mm) and a matte grey calibration sphere 25.4mm diameter under stable environmental conditions.
All RS1 scanning specifications are achieved with a ROMER Absolute Arm mounted on a ROMER base plate or magnetic base and a matte grey calibration sphere of 25.4 mm diameter under stable environmental conditions.