The Romer Absolute Arm 7-Axis "SE" series is the modular scanning solution that represents the ideal combination of a low-weight, high accuracy real-time geometric inspection system and a reverse-engineering system in a single platform.
The Absolute Arm seven axis "SE" series allows the connection of interchangeable high performance external laser scanners such as the highly accurate CMS108, and ScanShark V5 models, or without a scanner as a 7 axis "pistol grip" tactile inspection system. The ROMER feature pack capability of the SE series arm means that an external laser scanner can easily be added, changed, or upgraded at any time, for greater convenience plus future proofing.
- Patented Infinite Rotation in the principle axes allows access to difficult to reach areas, while avoiding damaging the arm against rotational hard stops.
- Kinematic Probe Joint, the same type used in Hexagon Metrology bridge CMMs, provides repeatable connection of probes, with no need for recalibration. Automatic probe recognition allows you to store hundreds of calibrated probe profiles for instant recall.
- Redesigned, ergonomic Pistol Grip handle increases operator comfort and productivity. It is easy to hold, and is used to inspect parts or to interact with the software when in "mouse mode".
- Patented SpinGrips are infinitely rotating, low-friction "approved" hand hold positions for better user ergonomics. SpinGrips allow the arm to "float" in the operator's hands, reducing stress on the arm thus maximizing accuracy and repeatability while minimizing user fatigue.
- Absolute Encoders, super high-accuracy rotary encoders, designed specifically for Romer Absolute Arms, improve overall system accuracy while eliminating all complicated "homing" procedures.
- Aerospace grade Carbon Fiber Tubes provide a lightweight, stiff structure that is thermally stable. Under normal usage the carbon fiber tubes have a lifetime warranty.
- Low Profile Zero-G Counterbalance balances the arm's weight for easy, operation with effortless control, even above and below the arm's centerline. Better ergonomics means lower operator fatigue and better measuring results.
- Integrated handle and lifting point under counterbalance allow for easy carrying.
- Feature Packs plug into the base and provide interchangeable and upgradeable add-on capabilities such as WiFi connection, battery power, interface for laser scanners and more.
- Universal quick mounting base attaches to a variety of available base and stand options including magnetic bases.
- Fully integrated scanning solution – no additional cables or controller box
- Automatic laser power control – allows to scan on different surface types with no operator interaction
- No warm-up time
- Factory calibrated and certified scanning systems according to B89.4.22 (for Hexagon scanners only)
- No coating or surface preparation necessary
- Scanning and probing interchangeable, automated probe recognition
- Calibrated Length Standard – ROMER provides a NIST traceable calibrated length standard with each arm to allow the operator to easily verify and document system performance for ISO or vendor requirements.
The ROMER Absolute Arm Scanner 73 and 75 series offer two different levels of performance and features to suit most inspection requirements.
|Zero-G Counterbalance with Lock||Included||Included|
|TESA TKJ Connector||Included||Included|
|3 TESA Hard Probes||Included||Included|
|Feature Pack||ROMER Scanning Pack||ROMER Scanning Pack|
|Certified Calibration Sphere||Included||Included|
|NIST Traceable Length Standard Bar||Optional||Included|
|Base||Bolt-down base plate||Magnetic|
For Reverse Engineering:
|Factory Calibration and Certification according to B89.4.22*||Included||Included|
*Hexagon Scanners only
7-Axis ROMER Absolute Arm for External Scanners Probing – 73 series
|2.0 m / 6.6 ft.||± 0.044 mm / 0.0017 in.||± 0.061 mm / 0.0024 in.||7.9 kg / 17.4 lbs.|
|2.5 m / 8.2 ft.||± 0.049 mm / 0.0019 in.||± 0.069 mm / 0.0027 in.||8.2 kg / 18.1 lbs.|
|3.0 m / 9.8 ft.||± 0.079 mm / 0.0031 in.||± 0.100 mm / 0.0039 in.||8.5 kg / 18.7 lbs.|
|3.5 m / 11.5 ft.||± 0.099 mm / 0.0039 in.||± 0.125 mm / 0.0049 in.||8.8 kg / 19.4 lbs.|
|4.0 m / 13.1 ft.||± 0.115 mm / 0.0045 in.||± 0.151 mm / 0.0059 in.||9.1 kg / 20.1 lbs.|
|4.5 m / 14.8 ft.||± 0.141 mm / 0.0056 in.||± 0.179 mm / 0.0070 in.||9.4 kg / 20.7 lbs.|
7-Axis ROMER Absolute Arm for External Scanners Probing – 75 series
|2.0 m / 6.6 ft.||± 0.023 mm / 0.0009 in.||± 0.033 mm / 0.0013 in.||8.2 kg / 18.1 lbs.|
|2.5 m / 8.2 ft.||± 0.027 mm / 0.0011 in.||± 0.038 mm / 0.0015 in.||8.5 kg / 18.7 lbs.|
|3.0 m / 9.8 ft.||± 0.042 mm / 0.0017 in.||± 0.058 mm / 0.0023 in.||8.8 kg / 19.4 lbs.|
3.5 m / 11.5 ft.
± 0.055 mm / 0.0022 in.
± 0.081 mm / 0.0032 in.
9.1 kg / 20.1 lbs.
|4.0 m / 13.1 ft.||± 0.067 mm / 0.0026 in.||± 0.098 mm / 0.0039 in.||9.4 kg / 20.7 lbs.|
|4.5 m / 14.8 ft.||± 0.084 mm / 0.0033 in.||± 0.119 mm / 0.0047 in.||9.7 kg / 21.4 lbs.|
All specifications according to B89.4.22.
1 The Point Repeatability Test is the reference test to determine measurement arm repeatability with ball probe. The cone is in front of the machine. Points are measured from multiple approach directions. The average point and the deviation of each point to the average center are calculated. The result is the maximum range divided by two.
2 The Volumetric Accuracy Test is the most representative test for volume measurement accuracy. A gage block with a known and certified length is measured several times throughout the working volume. This gage block is installed in different positions and measured depending on multiple approach directions. The result is the maximum deviation of the measuring distance less the theoretical length.
3 Se designates the ROMER Absolute Arm for external scanner.
- Working temperature: 0°C - 50°C (32°F – 122°F)
- Storage temperature: -30° -70° C (-22°F – 158°F)
- Relative humidity: 10% - 90% non-condensing
- Operational elevation: 0-2000 m (0-6600 ft)
Marks of conformity:
- CE Compliance: Yes
- Universal worldwide voltage 110V-240V
All probing specifications are achieved with a ROMER Absolute Arm mounted on a ROMER base plate or magnetic base and using a 15 mm steel ball probe with a length of 50 mm under stable environmental conditions.
All CMS 108 scanning specifications are achieved with a ROMER Absolute Arm mounted on a ROMER base plate or magnetic base and using CMS 108 zoom setting 2A (mid range scan width 60 mm and point spacing 0.03 mm) and a matte grey calibration sphere 25.4mm diameter under stable environmental conditions.
All RS1 scanning specifications are achieved with a ROMER Absolute Arm mounted on a ROMER base plate or magnetic base and a matte grey calibration sphere of 25.4 mm diameter under stable environmental conditions.
|Point Acquisition Rate||30,000 Points/s|
|Points per Line||Max. 2000|
|Line Frequency||Max. 53 Hz|
|Scan Width (Mid)||124 mm/ 60mm/ 24mm|
|Stand Off||180 mm ± 40mm|
|Point Spacing||Min. 0.025 mm|
|Laser Power Control||Automatic (per Point)|
|Accuracy (2 sigma)||20 µm|
|Laser Safety||Class 2|
|Working Temperature||10° - 42° C (50° - 108° F)|
|Profile Density||7640 Points/Line|
|Scan Rate||458,000 Points/sec|
|Mean Point-to-Point Resolution||0.0137 mm|
|Depth of Field||110mm|
|Measurement Accuracy (Corner Test)||0.0240 mm 2?|
|Feature Resolution (Sphere Test)||0.0045 mm 2?|
|Feature Repeatability||0.0050 mm 2?|
|Safety||Class 2M, 660 nm Laser|
|Operating Temperature||10° - 40° C (50° - 104° F)|
To request more information or to arrange a demonstration, call 855.443.9638 or fill out the form below.